HP Printer Assistant
HP printers, as a technically superior brand in the tech industry among many others, offers a reliable and work-oriented printing solution for offices, home with guided precision that is unparallel to any other printer. Various models of HP printers have become an integral requirement of our personal as well as professional life. Every printing machine comes with a set of software or applications or drivers that you need to install in your computer or device to get started with your HP printer machine.
The most basic software with HP printer is the HP Printer Assistant. Let’s get started.
Specific roles of HP Printer Assistant
HP Printer Assistant is a Window-based Print management software driver that comes in-built in most of the computers for HP Printers. It is designed to manage print activities, improve your printing experience and carry out multiple tasks such as scanning, checking ink-levels, ordering supplies, etc.
Differently speaking, HP Printer Assistant is a maintenance tool that enables users to tune up performances, troubleshoot unexpected errors, and install updates on printer drivers.
As you upgrade your Windows PC from old version to a newer version and install HP Printer drivers, an independent ‘Printer Setup and Software’ wizard will open. If you are unable to find the Printer icon in your computer, perhaps due to some of the Printer Assistant files are lost. Such an issue can possibly occur if you set up and install the HP Printer Assistant before the Windows upgrade.
Steps to download and install HP Printer Assistant on Windows PC
Whether you install HP Printer Drivers on your Windows PC by using CD/DVD or by downloading drivers from HP Official websites, HP Printer Assistant will be installed on your device automatically and should be visible on your desktop. The software comes with its best technical features to serve yours with the best printing experience.
If your computer doesn’t have pre-installed HP drivers, then you need to download and install the driver from HP Official website and the steps to do so are as follows:
- Turn-on your HP Printer machine.
- Make sure that to detach USB cables connecting your HP Printer to your computer. You only need to connect the cable if prompted during the installation process.
- Open your web browser and type “HP Software and Driver Download for HP Printer”.
- Now, enter your Printer Model details such as the model number and click on “Submit”.
- Click the model you are currently using from the list of Printer models
- In the next step, if the default operating system is different from the one you’re currently using, then select your version and click “Change”
- Click to download HP Printer Driver
- Choose the type of installation you want to perform on your computer either Typical or recommended when the installer prompts you to do so.
- Follow the rest of the guidelines displayed on your screen instructions to finish the installation process.
How do I use an HP Printer Assistant to reconnect your Printer as a new Printer?
When you upgrade your Windows PC, all the information related to your HP Printer drivers is lost. In this case, you need to reconnect your printer as a new printer by using the HP Printer Assistant. Follow the steps to do so.
- Reconnect your printer to your PC and ensure stable online connectivity with a continuous flow of electricity.
- Uninstall any HP printer software or driver
- Later, you must download and reinstall the updated drivers from HP’s Website.
- Go to the official HP page and from the main section, go to the software and driver download
- Choose your printer model and click on “submit”
- Follow the on-screen direction to download and install the setup
- Once the installation completed, your printer is ready to use
How to check for updates by using the HP Support Assistant?
- In Windows, find out and open HP Support Assistant on the desktop
- On my devices tab, find your computer and click for Updates
- Tap on ‘click to latest updates and messages’ to find out the latest updates
- Patiently wait until HP Support Assistant finishes the searching
- If new updates are available, click the checkbox next to each update, and then click download and install updates
- When HP Support Assistant finishes, close the tool