How to download & install HP Power Assistant?
For those who purchased a new HP computer, HP Power Assistant is a power management tool introduced by Hewlett Packard for a selected range of PCs and notebooks. The tool enabled HP users to change configuration system settings and operating settings, to optimize the battery life and administer the power consumption for your computer.
Read More: HP Printer Assistant
Although Power usage mainly depends on your computing needs, Power Assistant provides you with the right tool and information to make an insightful decision on how to manage your power requirements.
Here are some of the notable features of HP Power Assistant
- Power Assistant offers several alternatives to manage your power consumption.
- It allows you to adjust notebook’s battery settings as per your power usage.
- Power consumption prediction in hypothetical system configuration.
- When the notebook is plugged to AC adaptor, the program indicates the power reading in watts, as well as the battery status, displays an estimate of the remaining battery power charge.
- Power Assistant displays graphs and details indicating battery charge and power consumption trends over time
- You can change power settings to stretch the battery life.
Steps for HP Power Assistant windows 10 download and installation
Such programs are pre-installed by the manufacturer when delivering HP computer to the end-user. However, such preinstalled programs have limited functions and features. If you wish, you can download the latest versions of Power Assistant via HP Support Assistant Website.
- Go to the HP Support website and download the Power Assistant
- Once the download is completed, locate the file in the browser download history and double-click the .exe file to execute the installation process
- Install shield wizard for Power Assistant will open on your screen
- Read end User license agreement and click on “I Agree” to accept the terms and conditions
- Change the folder location if you want
- Click “Next” to install it and follow the instruction displaying on a screen
Steps for HP Power Assistant Uninstall
Like many other programs installed on your HP computer, you can perform Power Assistant uninstall by using the Add/Remove Program feature in the Windows control panel
- Go to the “Start Menu” option at the left bottom of the screen and navigate to the “Control Panel” tab
- From the “Control Panel” tab, then click to the “Uninstall Program” option
- Click on the Power Assistant Program from the list of programs
- Click on the option “Remove” or “Change/Remove” Program on the right-hand side of the program
- Follow the on-screen directions, a progress bar will indicate the remaining time for Power Assistant Uninstall